Animal Health Incubator
Advancing animal health through
innovation and collaboration
The goal of the incubator is to help start-ups with new ideas to bring innovative animal health products and technologies to market faster and more efficiently. The incubator offers a range of services including lab and office space, mentorship and guidance from industry experts, and access to funding and investment opportunities. The incubator also encourages collaboration and networking between the companies, the university’s research community and members of the Animal Health Innovation Network.
In addition, the incubator also provides companies with access to cutting-edge equipment and technology, as well as exposure to industry partners and potential customers. In collaboration with SETsquared Surrey, the incubator also offers training and educational programs, such as workshops and seminars, to help companies develop the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in the animal health market.
The vHive Incubator does not take any equity or share of IP of startups taking part.
Benefits of Joining the Incubator
Who Can Apply
Early-stage start-ups and small businesses focused on developing animal health products, services or technologies
Companies that specialise in veterinary pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and diagnostic tools
Biotechnology firms working on animal vaccines, gene therapy, monoclonal antibodies and other innovative therapies
Agritech companies developing sustainable solutions for animal nutrition and feed efficiency
Digital health and telemedicine companies providing remote monitoring and treatment options for animals
Companies focused on animal welfare and sustainability
Research institutions and academic groups wanting to create start-ups in animal health
Entrepreneurs and inventors developing integrated data solutions and analytics in animal health
Biomarker start-ups with animal health applications
Companies with strong digital and AI skills with an interest in animal health
Incubator Application Form
Are you a start-up or early-stage company developing innovative animal health solutions? If so, the vHive Animal Health Incubator could be the perfect fit for you! We offer a comprehensive suite of resources and support to help you grow your business, including mentorship and access to capital.
Please submit an application and the team will be in touch shortly.
Selection Process and Criteria
All companies must go through a selective process to take part in the vHive Incubator. Each application is reviewed by a member of the vHive and Zoetis team. After the application review, we invite interested organisations to a short interview to get a better sense of the company ahead of acceptance to the Incubator.
Selected companies will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Strength of the idea
- The idea is realistic, well-developed and demonstrates a strong connection to the core themes of the vHive or has a very high potential to if moving from a different market. The product/ service has a strong value proposition for the Animal Health.
- Team Experience
- The team has the relevant experience and skillsets to build and deliver their product/ market in the animal health market / is aware of the gaps in their team to be able to grow their business/ enter the animal health market.
- Growth Potential
- The idea is scalable and has the potential to succeed in its full range of capabilities at a growing scale. The idea is likely to be suitable for further funding opportunities
- Ability to Incubate
- The team understand what they require from the Incubator and are open to coaching/ support from the vHive team and partners.
- The product/ service is unique and novel and has the ability to disrupt the animal health market significantly.
Your support helps us continue our work to make a difference in animal health.